Anyone who knows me knows that I am a nerd. I love typing up things and making spreadsheets. Every year since we have been married Kristin and I go out on New Year’s Eve and talk about our 1, 5, and 10 year goals. Last year we started doing a similar exercise on our staff by listing our short-term goals and how we plan to accomplish them, as well as our dreams and how e plan to accomplish them. As I do every year at this time I thought I would give you a glimpse into my goals for the year so you can hold me accountable.
The Categories are Family, Health, Ministry, Spiritual.
1. Find balance in 2 kids
2. Seriously look at adoption
3. Use Vacation Days
4. Start Canaan’s/ invest in Malachi’s college fund
5. Have a weekly family night
6. Have a weekly date night
7. Take a vacation with Kristin only
8. Re-do kitchen, dining room, sitting room-floor, cabinets, etc.
1. Weigh 190 lbs.
2. 34 inch waistline
1. HSM Numbers
o 200 students Wednesday worship
o 15 grace groups-150 growing
o 100 students serving
o 20 salvations a year
o 50 adults on staff
o 3 students enter full-time ministry
2. Expand HSM staff management levels
3. Lead by equipping and empowering leaders.
4. Start college ministry-service that leads to grace group in summer.
5. Lead Worship as part of transition to change our culture.
6. Expand role in church at large for decisions, programming, leading
7. Attend a leadership ministry conference.
1. Journal-Prayer requests, answers to prayer, struggles, venting, praises
2. Read the NT by June
3. Spiritual days away
4. Read Biblical books
5. Find a mentor
6. Mentor 2 high school guys