We made it to Miami. We are staying with our friend from our Grace Days-Rachel Tomlinson. The girls are out shopping and left me home with Malachi. I am inspired for a little mind dump on the last week or so.
- I have traveled entirely too much this month. This vacation doesn’t count but the travel leading up to it was a ridiculous period.
- It’s not that any of the things I did were bad (conference, two speaking engagements) but I I need to get better at handling my calendar and the overall flow of life.
- I spoke at two retreats because I wanted to be stretched as a speaker. That was one of my goals for the year that I have worked on along with taking all my vacation days and spiritual days away. Now I need to work on that album I made a goal.
- Not for the album but while in Indiana last week I got to record for fun like old times sake with my friend Matt Neimier.
- I also got to catch up with my friend Jeremy Byng. So freaking sweet to tour his church, hear about his ministry and see his new house. It all couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.
- I was in Indiana last week for the CE National Leadership Summit. It was a great event. What I liked most was the low-key approach, I left feeling refreshed and rested.
- My biggest take home was from Tim Eldredge. I was challenged to equip and put youth IN ministry instead of being a hired coach who walks on the field and essentially takes his team out of the game.
- We got to Miami yesterday and laid low when we arrived.
- Today we went down to South Beach and after being there for all of 2 seconds ran into the Muckway’s from our church.
- Back to vacationing, my goals for this week are to get burnt slightly and expand my freckle base as well as watch Dwayne Wade play basketball.