I like to blame a portion of my pop culture addiction on the fact that I am involved in youth ministry. Yes I do it with tongue in cheek, but I do think that as someone who is called not just to be in the world of high school students but to transform it, that I should be up on what is impacting their culture. Having said that, here is a little test I think that you should be able pass at anytime.
- What is the #1 song in the country?
- What is the #1 album in the country?
- What is the #1 movie in the country? (#1 teen culture movie might not be #1)
- What TV shows are drawing teenage viewers right now?
- What websites are high school students going to these days?
This quiz gets tougher the older we all get, but I am committed to it. No I don’t see movies because students do, but you can research al this stuff in 10 minutes a week on the Internet. Check out my links to MTV and Billboard to the right if you are clueless. Are you current in your culture? Can you have an intelligent conversation?