I don’t post as much as I used to, so I would say I am going on vacation but you probably won’t even notice I am gone.
Anyway, we are leaving Sunday after church for a one-week vacation. We will be traveling to Tennessee with the Godshall’s and staying at the vacation home of a family from our church. I am very grateful for them gifting us this week.
*Side note-we stuck around because I am leading worship as well as singing/rapping a song of mine called “content” in the Sunday morning services.
Here are the things I will be working on and thinking about as we are away…they are basically how I will accomplish and sharpen our values since those are my continual job description.
- Staffing-Many adult volunteers will be back in the HSM family from last year but roles are changing so I am thinking and praying about who goes where. I will ask/confirm those when I get back.
- Worship-Our Wednesday night gathering is our time of worship. Dustin and I will be planning the teaching and series’ for the year. For the first time we are using XP3. I am also looking at how we do music and bands and rotation and all that jazz. This year I want to use the big idea concept so big that no one can leave without knowing what they heard.
- Growth-Our grace groups are going to get more emphasis than ever as the avenue that discipleship happens in. I have to know that after we know the adults and the sites that they have tracks to run on to accomplish biblical truth, prayer, caring relationships, and accountability.
- Serving-I need to know that I am motivating and empowering high school students to serve. This starts with a week to week foundation in our church, but expands to local and global.
- Outreach-I am really proud of HSM and the level of outreach that has happened in the last years. What does it looks like to build upon that. How can we still make a first time guest welcome in a larger group? How do we teach so that students are equipped even more for conversational outreach?
That is what is on my mind and I would appreciate your prayers as I take a “week off” and think about this stuff. I am gonna pray through it with Kristin and not approach it until I am back in town.