Life is just too busy to do anything but another life update with bullets…
- Sally Field is in the Tonight Show right now. I met her in an airport in 2001 and she wouldn’t take a picture with me, even after I helped he find her daughter-in-law’s stroller and get it off the baggage belt. I took a vow that day to not like herJ she seems so sweet on TV, but don’t let her fool you.
- We had the longest Elder’s meeting in my three years tonight…it was also the most encouraging, vision-filled one too. I have always loved my church, but I LOVE my church right now.
- Soccer season is in full swing. Kids camp this week
- We are house sitting for the Coville’s and their pool this week…life is good!
- I am so excited about our group at Urban Hope this week. I just spent some time praying for them and I can’t wait to hear what God does in them this week.
- I couldn’t share this with the world until now. Here is a pic of the shirts we got for the Urban Hope team and our Operation Barnabas students. Obviously inspired by Rob and Big, they are a limited run that I hope creates some buzz.
Been a while since random bullet update…
- So pumped about our team going to Urban Hope next week.
- I rented some movies this week. You gotta love 79 cent Mondays at Drug Mart. I haven’t done that since Malachi was born at least. They were all terrible but at least I tried. I think it is time to hit up the library for movies again.
- Our middle schoolers are at Beyond this week. I am too old to be at camp with them.
- I am moving into my new office soon. I think I am gonna throw a VIP party with a velvet rope and everything. Anyone have one I can borrow?
- The Celtics Won! I don’t really care…just reporting the news
- Excited about our 7 students on Operation Barnabas…I am hearing, seeing, and reading some awesome stuff.
- I am gonna have a couple of big announcements in the coming weeks. No we are not having a baby and I am not leaving my churchJ maybe I should call the medium announcements.
- I don’t twitter yet, and I refuse to believe it is that cool. It is the part of blogging none of us like…the personal updates. I want to hear about leadership and ministry decisions not who you are meeting with and what you are eating for lunch.
Since I got my Macbook I have gone through 2 black over the shoulder bags from Swiss Army. They are cool but I was beating them to death and the shoulder straps kept ripping out. Luckily I keep getting them replaced and getting equal credit. Now that I have a laptop from work and the complimentary bag I decided I could get a little more creative for my personal computer. Yesterday I picked up this backpack and am ready to go to Momentum and Catalyst and be that trendy youth pastor carrying around a Mac. I just need some emo glasses or a T-shirt with an eagle on it.
Some sons give cards, others just hugs. My son pooped on me for father’s day. I was laying down and sitting him on my stomach, we were playing and having fun and boom out of nowhere there it was. Nothing too gross but still fun. Some people give all they have, like the widow that gave her last money and I think it is sort of like that since he gave the only thing he can make thus far in his young life:)
I got the chance to go to Delaware Grace the other day and teach to their Operation Everything group. They had me come for two days and speak about discerning media. That is probably my favorite topic to talk about because I am passionate about it, which is probably why I get asked to do it. I posted a summary of it once before
I am also getting a sponge session ready for the momentum conference this summer. I am going to call it marriagelovesexdatinglust. It will be about God’s plan for relationships, love, dating, marriage, and intimacy. I am super excited about this one because I see this as the single biggest stumbling block that Satan uses in the lives of high schoolers.
From time to time I get to go out and speak to some outside groups. I am no Kary Oberbrunner or anything, but it is fun. I don’t leave my local ministry often but if it fits and I have advance notice it can be fun to see life outside my box.
Good thing exploiting your son isn’t against the law
Me and the other Mac Nerds loved watching the keynote address from WWDC. You can watch it here. Oh to own an iphone someday…