Highlights of 2007
- Having a son!-Ok so we didn’t actually have the boy yet, but I couldn’t name it making a sonJ. Anyway, I am so excited to have Malachi here and just be able to see him, and hold him, and sing to him.
- Launching HSM and our new space-After being in Powell for 18 months I waited out being the new guy and studied and planned to enter what I feel has been a new phase and next level in our ministry.
- Starting this blog! Not to sound self centered but I love writing on here and it has helped me connect with some awesome ministry minded people and trade thoughts and learn so much.
- Getting a new sister-My brother Danny got married in July and I got a great sister out of the deal.
- Winning the bid for our house-Yeah I know I won’t close until 2008 but winning the bid for our place in November was a sweet highlight for me.
- I actually write out my goals for 1, 5, and 10 years ahead. As I looked at my goals for 2007 I was able to accomplish many including working out around 4 times a week and staying under 200 pounds, being involved in soccer.
Speaking of Goals for 2008 here are ones worth mentioning that you can hold me accountable to…
- To go through the licensure process
- To read the whole Bible. I started today with Matthew 1-4
- To write and record enough songs to make an EP or at least make me feel fulfilled musically.
- I know numbers aren’t all ministry is about but to make sure I accomplish my church vision of reaching and growing in HSM I want to see…
-100 students attending Wednesday nights
-20 first time decisions for Christ
-65 students connecting in small groups
-35 adults serving on HSM staff
-50 Students on Summer ministry trips
-3 students enter into full-time ministry
-Guide our worship and band to new heights
-See 50 Students serving through Serve Saturdays and church ministry
- Meeting with someone my age, someone younger, and someone older than me
- Re-do the roof and landscaping at my new house
- Go on my pre-planned vacation to Atlanta, North Carolina, and Nashville.
- Passionately Pursue my wife more than ever-with a baby, house, and new life on the way I don’t want to drop off on date nights or romance.
Feel free to ask me anytime you see me or stop by here how I am doing on any of these, including the one about my wife!